Sonlight banner

Sonlight Curriculum

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cheating

What do you think of when you read that word? I don't think of anything good! I think of broken promises and a lack of integrity.Unfortunately, I think of my time in high school and my laziness in doing my school work :(

But what I want to associate with cheating at this point in my life is something entirely different. I have a confession to make, I have started having someone come in and clean my house every other week. Whew! I said it and it didn't kill me!
I saw an article posted the other day on Facebook that talked about our lack of openness about this topic in particular and it has started me thinking. I honestly feel like I'm cheating by having someone come in and clean my house! Ridiculous? maybe but mainly just honest!

I almost talked myself out of it... I only have 3 kids and I'm home all day why can't I get it all done, and so on and so forth. BUT, for right now this is working for me and helping me not feel so discouraged. It really had motivated me to get some deeper cleaning/organizing done. I'm generally pretty good about sorting through clothes and toys and clutter but with 3 little ones changing sizes every other day it is a big job to stay on top of.

We also have over the last 5 years been working towards more whole, non-processed food. While that may seem like a simple change it basically means we don't have any convenience foods available or pre-packaged snacks or quick meals. So, that does take quite a bit more time but it's worth it in my opinion to know we're eating higher quality food.

I don't see this as a permanent fixture in our lives just something for now. I am so grateful my husband has a great job that he loves but he works 60-80 hours each week so I'd rather not have him need to help me catch up with housework the evening he isn't working. I have trouble relaxing when there are so many projects that need doing so having someone scrub my bathrooms every other week and scrub down the floors and kitchen has really been more helpful than I thought.

And you know what? I don't know that it is cheating... As a keeper of my home I need to be wise in the use of my time. Obviously someone else can't help me a lot of the things I have to do so if I can delegate then I should. I certainly won't feel bad when the kids are older and we split up the chores. Why do I feel bad now because I'm paying someone to do it?

Just being real...
-Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment